Saturday, February 06, 2016

Dust extraction for  Home made 12 inch disc sander lathe attachment. I've made a disc sanding attachment for my lathe, but it needed dust extraction.
I laminated the shape of the disc and made the dust cover out of recycled materials and painted it green to match the lathe. i started by laminating the cowl out of MDF and hot glued it to a back panel that i had cut a hole for the spindle to come through I also cut a bent shape to fit round the motor after hot gluing various pieces of wood to the back panel I took it of the lathe and trimmed the excess off on the bandsaw before flush trimming it on the router i then planed it down to size and fitted a front to it.

No comments: